Students will advance beyond the confines of lines and hard edges to discover a more liberated way of painting. They will paint from observation and imagination to find their own visual language, learn to use intuition and unforeseen occurrences as opportunities to discover new possibilities, and explore new processes in brushwork and color layering. Group critiques will be part of the course.
Suggested Materials List:
● Acrylic preferred but oil is okay, any colors in addition to black and white
● Acrylic mat medium and gloss medium. Or Turpenoid and oil for oil
● Brushes - various sizes, round and flat, up to 1 ½ to 2 1/2 inch depending on canvas size
● Also sponges or rags for applying colors too.
● 1-2 canvases each class, stretched or unstretched. Or paper, (larger is better)
● For unprimed canvas you can prime with clear gesso (if you want to keep the canvas looks unprimed) or white or colored gesso.
● Palette knives
● Jars or plastic containers for mixing and saving paints
● Rags for cleaning
● charcoal, pencil
● Water sprayer
● Masters Brush Soap
● A lot of enthusiasm