Open studio is available to previous Perkins pottery students only.
Open Studio Safety Guidelines
• Students MUST wear a mask and maintain safe distance when in the building.
• Students MUST use side door to enter space. Doors will be locked from the inside.
• Absolutely NO food or eating in the building. Students are permitted to bring in a bottled beverage that MUST be taken out at end of open studio.
• Students MUST bring their own tools. There will NOT be community tools available. Pottery tool kits will be available for sale.
• Registered students for this 6-week open studio, CANNOT do sit ins and CANNOT offer vacant spaces to non-registered students.
• Each student will be provided their own sponge and bucket of water for cleanup, the sink access will be limited to one person at a time.
• There is a maximum of 10 pieces per student during this 6-week open studio. Smaller pieces will be given consideration by pottery monitor.
• Workspaces and wheels will be spread out to accommodate safe distancing. Work surfaces and restroom will be cleaned by monitor before and after Open studio.
• ONLY the pottery studio and restroom by the pottery studio will be accessible to students. ALL other spaces within the building will be OFF LIMITS due to other onsite programming.
• It is imperative that students are ready to leave on time so the monitor can properly clean the space.
Pottery Pick up: Two weeks will be allotted for firing of pottery pieces after August 13th. Perkins Center will email students to schedule a pick-up time once all pottery pieces have been fired.