Kassem Amoudi will introduce a step-by-step technique to enable participants to paint with confidence by tapping into an intuitive process. Expert instruction and advice from the instructor will push students to explore new possibilities, allowing unplanned marks to become artistic breakthroughs. Demonstrations with a Slide presentation of different drawing and painting techniques will enable beginners and advanced students to explore more ways to express themselves. Use of Line, color, and space will be focused on. Also a focus on the art of subtracting or editing will enable students to create busy and calm areas, as well as focal points in their paintings.
One on One critique and feedback with each student throughout the workshop.
· Acrylic colors preferred, but oil is ok if it is the only thing you have. Black, white, red, blue, and yellow in addition to any other colors you have.
· Acrylic Gel medium for fixing charcoal
· Gloss and or Mat medium for Acrylic. (for oil no fumes. Turpenoid only)
· Brushes – various sizes, round and flat, up to 1 ½-inch depending on canvas size
· Charcoal, Pencil and any other drawing materials like Acrylic markers if you have it
· Rags for cleaning and applying colors too
· 3 to 5 canvases (can be stretched or unstretched) larger is better. You may start 20 to 30 inches or bigger. Paper is ok too
· Palette, Palette knives, Jars or plastic containers for mixing and saving paints
· A lot of Enthusiasm.