This class will offer an introduction to the variables involved in navigating creative arts as a business. It will help begin to prepare students for a career as a freelance artist or creative arts business owner.
Students will learn:
- The fundamentals for creating your brand
- Business cards
- Other promotional materials
- How to identify and value your services
- Market research
- Value adds
- The basics to pursue a freelance career or start your own practice
- Freelance contractor vs. employee
- Entity types
- Permits, Licenses and Insurance
- Market your brand and acquire business
By the end of this class, students will:
- Be experienced in the fundamentals of creating their brand.
- Learn how to identify and value their unique service offerings.
- Possess a working knowledge of what’s needed to start their practice.
- Know the difference between being a freelance artist vs. a sole proprietor or employee of their business.
About the Instructor:
Adam Lyons, founder of POP THE PIXEL, is an award-winning designer and artist whose background includes acclaimed work on local and global brand initiatives; skilled in conceptualizing and executing compelling strategies for print, digital, and social media.