You will learn the fundamentals of painting in gouache discovering essential techniques and practice painting in a variety of environments. You will learn about different surfaces such as mylar, toned papers, brushes, brands of gouache, and painters that use gouache and how to apply gouache at its right consistency.
Gouache Painting supply list:
• A variety of Ingres toned paper. Blick or Artist and Craftsman has it.
• A block of cold pressed or hot pressed watercolor paper: 11x14 or 11x17
• Hohlbein or Windsor and Newton for brands of gouache.
• Colors: Titanium white, ivory black, yellow ochre, raw sienna, burnt sienna,ultramarine blue, raw umber, burnt umber, and alizarin crimson.
• Masking tape (Artist tape)
• A plastic palette(rectangular) large you can find it at Blick or Artist and Craftsman.
• Kneaded Eraser
• Two cups for water
• Paper towel or some kind of cloth to dry your brushes.
• A variety of Watercolor brushes rounds and flats of different sizes. You may find this at Blick or Artist and Craftsman.