This class is appropriate for those just curious about mosaics to those looking to improve their existing skills and learn new techniques. Student will learn to create their own mosaics through an interactive lecture/demonstration series providing a strong foundation in mosaic skills including selecting materials, design and construction. Students will learn how to shape materials using basic tools. Instructor provides each student with guidance and feedback on their individual projects.
Supply List (provided by you the student):
Items listed are general recommendations. Specific recommendations will be provided by instructor to each student in first class based upon student's selected project.
• Durable materials to create mosaic design (glass, tile, stone or china)
• Material for base (ceramic tile, cement paver, flower pot or plywood)
• Eye protection for use when cutting glass, tile or ceramic
• Suggested Consumables – PVA glue, silicon or thinset, sponges, rags, sharpie, painters tape, sanded grout, cutting oil for glass cutter, latex or nitrile gloves
• Tools ( glass cutter with reservoir , wheeled nippers, tile nippers, running pliers) Instructor will have tool kits available for sale at discounted price for who need tools
• Recommended but not required– craft tweezers, dental tools